We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals with respect to personal data. We therefore make sure that our policies and practices in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) (the “Ordinance”) under the laws of Hong Kong.
COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When you visit our website, we will record your visit only and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is about you and identifies you) from you unless otherwise stated. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our website will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information. For your information, Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web users’ computers for the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analysing web users’ viewing habits. They can save you from registering again when re-visiting a web site and are commonly used to track your preferences in relation to the subject matter of the website. You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions in our website.
TYPES OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
At times, you may be asked to provide your personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) including, but not limited to, your name, gender, age, telephone number, fax number, home address, email address, credit card information, education level, occupation, household income, etc. in order to receive the goods and services that we offer. Specific purposes for which your Personal Data may be used are set out in our Personal Information Collection Statement below, including the use of Personal Data for direct marketing.
All personal data you provide to us is secured on our website with restricted access by authorized personnel only. Our online registration process uses the SSL protocol link for data transmission so as to protect your data via encrypting it in a secure format to ensure its privacy is maintained.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT (“PICS”)
As a Timeless & Tasty customer, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your Personal Data when you register with us and / or continue to register with us for a service and / or product (“Services”). If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the Services to you.
We shall keep your Personal Data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of Personal Data will be in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and are as set out in this PICS.
In this PICS, the following terms shall have the following meaning:
“Retail Goods or Services”
means sales of goods or provision of services in relation to any of the following (whether through physical or online channels): homeware and personal accessory products including but not limited to: furniture, home accessories, lighting, clocks, wall décor, rugs, kitchen and dining ware, and personal accessories. You agree that all the Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Providing the Services;
- Analyzing, verifying and / or checking of your credit, payment and / or status in relation to the provision of the Services;
- Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and / or credit facilities requested by you;
- Enabling the daily operation of your account and / or the collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the Services;
- The normal management, operation and maintenance of the performance of the Services;
- Email communication with you for confirmation of order, payment and returns (if any)
- Carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your preferences and buying behavior and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting good and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- Designing new, or improving existing Services to you;
- Investigation of complaints, suspicious transactions and research for service improvement;
- Prevention or detection of crime;
- Disclosure as required by law
If you have selected to receive our newsletter, we will use your Personal Data (including your name, email address and other information provided to us when you register) to send you our eNewsletter, as well as emails with information and offers on our products and services from time to time.
Please note that we cannot so use your Personal Data unless we have received your consent.
You have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- Access your Personal Data held by us;
- Require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- Ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the types of Personal Data held by us;
- Check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- Opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time
To opt out of receiving our Newsletter and promotional emails, or for any other request in relation to the above, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request. Nothing in this PICS shall limit your rights under the Ordinance.